Best Start Mentors
Waltham Forest (Chingford, Leyton, Leytonstone & Walthamstow)
Our Best Start service operates across all of the Children & Family Centres in Waltham Forest and in local communities. As a volunteer Mentor you will be an important part of the Healthy Weight & Oral Health Service. You will use our 1-to-1 programme to support parents with children aged 0-5, who are worried about their child’s weight or family lifestyle.
Mentors spend one or two hours a week supporting a family through our 8 week Healthy Families programme on a 1-to-1 basis, in addition Mentors undertake community activities to help us reach families. Some volunteers support more than one family at any one time. Volunteer Mentors receive five free training sessions, a handbook, a Mentor toolkit, toolkits for families, as well as on-going support and supervision.
If Best Start Mentors are able to give more time, we are keen for them to get involved in other local activities such as:
- setting up and supporting local parent and children activities run by HENRY and Children & Family Centre staff
- managing or supporting health promotional stands and events
- handing out leaflets and chatting to people in the community
- helping parents and carers to access local activities and services
- delivering posters and information to community venues
- supporting workshops, healthy family drop-in sessions and oral health activities
Any queries please contact email@example.com or call 020 8496 5223
Thank you for considering volunteering with HENRY – please tell friends and colleagues about our great opportunities.
Apply to volunteer as a Best Start Mentor in Waltham Forest
Great volunteering opportunities for people who want to support children and families