About the conference
Best Foot Forward: Stepping up to a healthy start will focus on ‘what works’ to tackle childhood obesity in the early years and will provide a varied day of expert talks and practical sessions with lots of food for thought and resources to support practitioners in their work. We hope it will be particularly useful to health visitors, public health practitioners and commissioners, those working in public health in government and in local authorities and all those interested in how we ensure that infancy and the early years are not forgotten in tackling the childhood obesity crisis.
The conference will cost £130 for the day, including resources and our very tasty vegan and vegetarian lunch and snacks.
Presentations will include:
- Leeds: case study and impact of city-wide child healthy weight strategy
- Important factors to consider at the start of a child’s food journey
- Policy and practice around young children’s oral health
- Creating conditions for behaviour change
- Supporting more active families
A full programme and further details of the event will be available here in July, but ticket sales are now open.
Click here to book your ticket