HENRY in City & Hackney
The Best Start with HENRY service in City & Hackney is supporting hundreds of local families with children aged 0-5 – from shortly after birth, right through to starting school – to provide a healthy, happy start in life for their children and the whole family.
Providing a healthy, happy start for young children helps lay the foundations for a brighter future where children flourish throughout childhood and beyond.
We provide a range of family services in City & Hackney, including drop-in workshops and longer programmes. If you'd like a place on any of our family services, please contact us on 07519 109876 or pop to your nearest Children's Centre to ask programmes or workshops are running.
You can find a full schedule of each Children’s Centre’s activities on the Hackney Learning Trust website
Find out more about the services on offer below.
Healthy Families programme
An 8 week programme for families with young children to help parents get their little one off to a great start. Take a look at our leaflet to find out more
Read about parents who have been on the Healthy Families programme below:
"HENRY made me see that my struggles are normal and common as with any parent..."
"I found the course particularly useful as my son had been temporarily removed from my care..."
I found new friends within the group – which is great. I really enjoy meeting people I know in my area...
Healthy Families workshops
Individual workshops on topic like:
- Starting solids – get some help navigating the confusing world of getting your baby started on solid food
- Let’s get active – join in and learn a whole host of active games and play ideas you can enjoy at home with your baby to support their physical development
- Fussy eating – a session to equip you with the skills and strategies to help your little one gradually accept a wider range of healthy foods
- Everyday drinks – find out about sugar levels in soft drinks and explore healthier alternatives
- Portion sizes – what is a portion? How big is it? Find out all how much little ones need
- Eating well for less – healthy eating needn’t be expensive. This session helps you plan healthy meals and snacks without breaking the bank
- What’s in our food? – Green, amber, red? ‘Of which saturates?’ What does it all mean? This workshop explores the confusing world of food labels for everyday items
Workshops are happening at various children centres in Hackney. Click here to find out where.
Getting in touch
Please get in touch to find out more about how HENRY can help – or for an informal chat if you're concerned about your baby or young child's lifestyle or eating habits.
- Telephone: 07519 109876
- Email: email@example.com
Keep up-to-date regularly with the Best Start with HENRY service in City & Hackney and to get some helpful and healthy tips for your family, please follow us on Instagram and like our Facebook page:
If you live in or go to the GP in City and Hackney, you may be eligible for free vitamins
Find out how to make referrals to HENRY services or access local training and support